The Board of Education today appointed two county residents to two-year terms on the Executive Panel of the countywide Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), a 30-member panel that advises the Board on issues affecting the school system.
The vacancies filled by today’s appointments came about through resignations or the expiration of terms of former representatives. The panel consists of:
- Two members from each high school cluster, one representing elementary schools and one representing secondary schools
- Two at-large countywide representatives
- One at-large member designated by the President of the Anne Arundel County Council of PTAs to represent its interests
- One at-large member designated by the Special Education Citizen Advisory Committee to represent special education interests across the county
- One at-large member designated by the Chairperson of the Parent Involvement Advisory Council to represent its interests across the county
- One military representative
Appointed to two-year terms today were:
- Jacqueline Langworthy-Perdue, Arundel cluster, representing elementary schools
- Benjamin Birk, Chesapeake cluster, representing elementary schools
- More information on the CAC can be found here.