Eighteen schools will have new principals in the fall as a result of the latest round of promotions and appointments approved and reassignments reviewed by the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County. Of those school, 10 will have leaders in their first year as a principal in Anne Arundel County when classes resume in August.
The appointments approved by the Board today include:
- Erkan Derin, program coordinator at Chesapeake Math & IT Elementary School, to acting principal at Chesapeake Science Point Public Charter School.
- Katie Feuerherd, assistant principal at Old Mill High School, to principal at Southern High School.
- Lenora Fox, acting principal at Folger McKinsey Elementary School, to principal at Folger McKinsey Elementary School.
- Eric Jefferson, assistant principal at the Phoenix Academy, to principal at North County High School.
- Kellie Katzenberger, data administrator in the Instructional Data Division, to principal at the Mary Moss @ J. Albert Adams Academy.
- Jazmin Lawhorn, assistant principal at Crofton Elementary, to principal at Crofton Elementary.
- Dave Sembly, assistant principal at Lindale Middle School, to principal at Fort Smallwood Elementary School.
Parents at impacted schools were notified of the changes today.
A complete list of promotions and reassignments made throughout the school year, along with their effective dates, can be found here.