At least 15 schools will be under new leadership when schools open in the fall as a result of the latest round of promotions and appointments approved and reassignments reviewed by the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County. With three vacancies still to be filled, at least three of those schools will have leaders in their first year as a principal in Anne Arundel County when classes resume in August.
Since its first meeting in May, the Board has approved the promotions of the following people to principal positions:
- Chris Gordon, assistant principal at Hillsmere Elementary School, to principal at Point Pleasant Elementary School.
- Tara Lambden, assistant principal at Cape St. Claire Elementary School, to principal at Belvedere Elementary School.
- Farah Springer, assistant principal at Corkran Middle School, to principal at Seven Oaks Elementary School.
The Board has also reviewed the reassignments of the following principals:
- Cheryl Cox, principal at Freetown Elementary School, to principal at Waugh Chapel Elementary School.
- Amanda Edmonds, principal at Waugh Chapel Elementary School, to principal at Freetown Elementary School.
- Kevin Hamlin, principal at Southern High School, to principal at Old Mill High School.
- Ginger Henley, principal at Crofton Elementary School, to principal at Mills-Parole Elementary School.
- Dennis Kelly, principal at Annapolis Middle School, to principal at Old Mill Middle School North.
- Sean McElhaney, principal at Old Mill Middle School North, to principal at Annapolis Middle School.
- Sue Myers, principal at Mills-Parole Elementary School, to principal at Monarch Annapolis, which will open in August 2017.
- Jim Todd, principal at Old Mill High School, to principal at Broadneck High School.
Superintendent George Arlotto has also named Lenora Fox, former assistant principal at Folger McKinsey Elementary School, as acting principal at the school.
Parents at impacted schools were notified of the changes on Wednesday. Principal positions at Crofton Elementary and North County and Southern high schools must still be filled.
A complete list of promotions and reassignments made throughout the school year, along with their effective dates, can be found here.