Six more schools will get new principals for the 2015-2016 school year after the latest round of promotions approved and reassignments reviewed today by the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County. The moves bring to 15 the number of schools that will have new leaders when doors open for students in August.
The Board today approved the appointments of the following people to principal positions:
- John Birus, principal in Howard County Public Schools, to principal at Quarterfield Elementary
- Johnny Nash, principal in Orange County (Fla.) Public Schools, to principal at Lindale Middle
Also today, the Board reviewed the reassignments of the following principals:
- Kevin Buckley, principal at Marley Middle, to principal at Southern Middle
- George Lindley, principal at Lindale Middle, to principal at Arundel Middle
- Kimberly Winterbottom, principal at Southern Middle, to principal at Marley Middle
The Board must still make an appointment to fill the principal position at Hillsmere Elementary School after promoting current principal Helen Mateosky to Senior Manager of Compensatory Education Instructional Supports.
All of the changes are effective June 24 with the exception of Mr. Birus, who will start August 16.
At its May 6 and 20 meetings, the Board approved and reviewed principal appointments at nine other schools. A complete list of promotions and reassignments made throughout the school year can be found here.