At least nine schools will be under new leadership when schools open in the fall as a result of the latest round of promotions approved and reassignments reviewed last night by the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County. Four of those schools will have leaders in their first year as a principal in Anne Arundel County when classes resume in August.
The Board last night approved the promotions of the following people to principal positions:
- Rodney Walker, assistant principal at Mills-Parole Elementary, to principal at Brooklyn Park Elementary
- Isaphine Johnson, assistant principal at Davidsonville Elementary, to principal at Millersville Elementary
- Ryan Voegtlin, assistant principal at Corkran Middle, to principal at Severn Elementary
At its May 6, 2015, meeting, the Board approved the promotion of Beth Burke, assistant principal at Folger McKinsey Elementary, to principal at Shipley’s Choice Elementary.
Also last night, the Board reviewed the reassignments of the following principals:
- John Barzal, principal at Crofton Woods Elementary, to principal at Deale Elementary
- Kathy Fieldhouse, principal at Brooklyn Park Elementary, to principal at George Cromwell Elementary
- Mary Beth Gormley, principal at George Cromwell Elementary, to principal at Linthicum Elementary
- Colleen Harris, principal at Deale Elementary, to principal at Crofton Woods Elementary
- Tammy Scott, principal at Millersville Elementary, to principal at Rippling Woods Elementary
The changes all take effect June 24. A complete list of promotions and reassignments made throughout the school year can be found here .