Ten educators from all levels of the public school system were named today as semifinalists for the 2015 Anne Arundel County Public Schools Teacher of the Year award by AACPS and the Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce. The semifinalists are:
- Arthur Murphy, Annapolis High School
- Kristen Duffy, Bodkin Elementary School
- Meredith W. Claborn, Broadneck Elementary School
- Amanda Talbot, Linthicum Elementary School
- Bethany Ann Husak, Marley Middle School
- Christine Colli McCallister, Meade Middle School
- Jennie J.L. Merrill, Severna Park Elementary School
- Iris Crankfield, South River High School
- Rachael K. Morrison, Southern High School
- Kimberly Ann Mason, Windsor Farm Elementary School
In addition, the following teachers have been named semifinalists for the Independent Schools Teacher of the Year honor:
- Virginia Ready, St. Martin’s in the Field Episcopal School
- Catherine Klase-Markey, Archbishop Spalding High School
- Judy Medeiros, The Summit School
The semifinalists will be among 50 educators to be honored at the 29th annual Excellence in Education banquet at the BWI Marriott in Linthicum on April 15, 2015.
The event will also honor local businesses that have forged critical partnerships with schools across the county, directly benefitting AACPS’ nearly 80,000 students.
Business partnership nomination forms can be found at www.aaaccc.org.
Tickets for the event are $55 each. For sponsorship information and ticket orders, visit www.aaaccc.org. For other information, please call 410-266-3960.