Seven more schools will have new principals when classes resume in the fall as a result of the latest round of promotions approved and reassignments reviewed today by the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County.
The Board today approved the promotions of two people to principal positions. They are:
- Laura Cooke, assistant principal at Oak Hill and Severn elementaries, to principal at Maryland City Elementary
- Kimberly Terry, assistant principal at Pershing Hill Elementary, to principal at Pershing Hill Elementary
Also today, the Board reviewed the reassignments of the following employees:
- Derek Burns, principal at Crofton Meadows Elementary, to principal at Edgewater Elementary
- Julie Little-McVearry, principal at North Glen Elementary, to principal at Crofton Meadows Elementary
- Janet Lancaster, assistant principal at Cape St. Claire Elementary, to acting principal at Cape St. Claire Elementary
- Denise Levitine, assistant principal at Seven Oaks Elementary, to acting principal at Seven Oaks Elementary
- Kelly Thomas, assistant principal at Crofton Elementary, to acting principal at North Glen Elementary
The appointments are all effective on June 25, 2014. A complete list of promotions and reassignments can be found at www.aacps.org.